Hi,

yes, there is a possible non-determinism, that is related to the timestamp combiner. Timestamp combiners combine only elements, that are not 'late' ([1]), meaning that their timestamp is not preceding output watermark of the GBK. Looking at the pipeline code I suppose that could be the cause. You can make the pipeline deterministic by using TimestampCombiner.END_OF_WINDOW (default). If you *need* to use the TimestampCombiner.EARLIEST, you can probably do that by tweaking the looping timer stateful dofn and fix timestamps there (using timer output timestamp).

  Jan

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-2262