You should be able to provide extra_args to the expansion service:
```

--defaultEnvironmentType=PROCESS
--defaultEnvironmentConfig={"command":"/opt/apache/beam_java/boot"}

```

I am also running the Xlang pipeline in flink k8s cluster. After setting
the defaultEnvironmentType to PROCESS, I don't need to use DinD or DooD at
all.
You can also find my full settings in:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/74035035/19259600

Sincerely,