I haven't done this experimentally before, so take this with a grain of
salt, but...

Kafka Group Ids are essentially used to track where a logical (aka
application level, not thread/machine level) producer / consumer is at. As
such, I think it would be fine to use just one group id, even when writing
to multiple topics