Our current container java 8 container is 262 MiBs and layers on top of
openjdk:8-bullseye which is 226 MiBs compressed while eclipse-temurin:8 is
92 MiBs compressed and eclipse-temurin:8-alpine is 65 MiBs compressed.

I would rather not get into issues with C library differences caused by the
alpine project so I would stick with the safer option and let users choose
alpine when building their custom container if they feel it provides a
large win for them. We can always swap to alpine in the future as well if
the C library differences become a non-issue.

So swapping to eclipse-temurin will save us a bunch on the container size
which should help with container transfer and hopefully for startup times
as well.