Hi Evan,

Just to have full knowledge:

- "provided" should be used when You expect the target cluster on environment to have the package of interest installed so you do not have to include it in the pipeline jar (this is to have it more lightweight and easier to maintain coherent target jre env across organization).

- it seems that You should either install the library on You target env or include it in your build jar. Up to Your specific use case. Typically corporation envs provide commonly used libs in their envs like spark, and IO libs - and this might be the reason that maven suggest this.

Best

Wiśniowski Piotr