If you could use py 3.11 locally, you will get python 3.11 in your cloud
environment as well. Is that not happening?

When you run Apache Beam on GCP, the python version you are using in your
local virtual environment will be used in the cloud environment as well. I
believe this is true for non-GCP environments as well.