Hi Jan,
I need to process hundreds of GBs of data within seconds. With local data
processing I can properly size a hw infrastructure to meet this (a couple
of years back i did this with hadoop, worked perfectly). If there is no
locality aware processing the whole thing falls into its face.

This comment suggests flink might do this under the hood?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38672091/flink-batch-data-local-planning-on-hdfs
Br,
Gyorgy