That's normal. Check the Postgres documentation for why that is.
Teaching you to use PostgreSQL is beyond the scope of the Bloodhound
project.

>From your past emails it appears that there is also something wrong
with your bloodhound database (within postgres) or the bloodhound role
(corresponds to a "user" within postgres). You've said that you set
the password to something simple, but you're still getting errors that
suggest a bad password, which is why I was trying to coach you through
connecting to the database by other means, to see if we could get a
better idea of what's going on.

Is there some reason why you can't use the sqlite database that comes
bundled with Bloodhound? It would be a lot simpler to get running.
Even if you don't want to use that long-term, at least you could get
started using Bloodhound and then worry about moving to PostgreSQL
later.