Hello

I can confirm that I have seen exactly the same behavior. My quick workaround was to create reports with SQL instead of the simple query language. An SQL query delivers the expected results. Not being much of a SQL person, it took a little while to work out how to use the suggested left outer join.

For example, my custom field is "loc"

SELECT id AS ticket, status, priority, owner,
time AS created, changetime AS modified, resolution, summary, c.value AS loc, keywords FROM ticket t
LEFT OUTER JOIN ticket_custom c ON
       (t.id=c.ticket AND c.name='loc')
WHERE status IN ('new', 'assigned', 'reopened') AND owner='alerts-internal' AND summary LIKE ('%reporting%')
  ORDER BY  time DESC, c.value,  priority

A solution to the default query problem would be great.

best
Mark