It isn't doable in 4.3.* version. since the id generation path isn't
configurable in HierarchicalLedgerManager. It is doable after we have
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-438 in master.

created a jira about verifying and documenting the steps:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BOOKKEEPER-878. I will try to get to
it today. Enrico, does it work for you?

- Sijie