On 2010-04-05 02:48, JKnight JKnight wrote:
> I want to design the data storage to store user's mark for a large
> amount of user. When system run, user's mark changes frequently.

What is a "mark"?

> I want to list top 10 user have largest mark.

Do the "marks" increase monotonically? What other properties do they have?

> Could we use Cassandra for store this data?
>
> Ex, here my Cassandra data model design:
> Mark{
>     userId{
>         mark_userId
>     },
> }

I do not understand that notation. What parts are the CF, key/row, and
column?

> When user's mark changes, we remove old mark_userId and add new
> mark_userId.
> Because user's mark change frequently and with large amount  of user, I
> think Cassandra can not satisfy.

On the contrary, Cassandra excels at tracking rapidly changing data and
even shards rows to scale I/O horizontally.

--
David Strauss
   | da...@fourkitchens.com
Four Kitchens