Those memtable thresholds also need looking into. You are using some real
poor hardware configuration - 1.7 GB RAM is not a configuration worth
experimenting with IMO. Typical production deployments are running 16 GB RAM
and quad core 64 bit machines. Its hard I would presume to make any
recommendations with this kind of configuration.

Avinash