I have used the solution presented by Justin and it works just fine.  When
you construct a TimeUUID with a specific timestamp and use that for the
start or finish of the range slice, cassandra will use the timestamp
embedded in the UUID even if that specific UUID doesn't exist in the index.
 It is not an ideal solution because the timestamp you pass in may not have
the same granularity as the one used to create your current indexes.  So,
you might be using a standard unix epoch timestamp in seconds, while a true
TimeUUID uses 100 nanosecond slices of time.

Lee Parker