        From: hive13 Wong [mailto:hiv...@gmail.com]
        Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 2:58 PM
        To: user@cassandra.apache.org
        Subject: single node capacity

        Hi,

        How much data load can a single typical cassandra instance handle?
        It seems like we are getting into trouble when one of our node's load
grows to bigger than 200g. Both read latency and write latency are increasing,
varying from 10 to several thousand milliseconds.
        machine config is 16*cpu 32G RAM
        Heap size is 10G
        Any suggestion of tuning?
        Or should I start considering adding more nodes when the data grows to
this big?

        Thanks