"For various reasons I am required to deploy systems on Windows."

I don't think it would be difficult to argue the business case for running
Cassandra on Linux.  It's still a young project and everybody in IRC and the
mailing list is running it on Linux.  You should really re-think whatever
factors are requiring you to run it on Windows and try to overcome those
obstacles.

-Ben