In my system, I have a Cassandra front end, and an Oracle back end. Some
information is created in the back end, and pushed out to the front end, and
some information is created in the front end and pulled into the back end.

Question: How do I locate new rows that have been crated in Cassandra, for
import into Oracle?

I'm thinking of having a special column family "newRows" that contains only
the keys of the new rows. The offline process would look there to see what's
new, then delete those rows. The "newRows" CF would have no data! (The data
would be in the "real" CF.)

Is this a good solution? It seems weird to have a CF with rows but no data.
But I can't think of a better way.

Any thoughts?