I think your read throughput is very high, and it may be unauthentic.

For random read, the disk seek will always be the bottleneck (100% utils)
There will be about 3 random disk-seeks for a random read, and aout 10ms for
one seek. So, there will be 30ms for a random read.

If you have only one disk, the read throughput will be about 40reads/s.

High tested throughput may because of the Linux FS cache, if your dataset is
small (for example only 1GB).
Try to test the random read throughput on 100GB or 1TB, you may get
different result.