Hi there,

I'm trying to implement a simple CRUD service based on Cassandra. I use
Hector client.

While writing tests, I found out that if I create a few columns using API,
then delete them from cassandra-cli and and re-create them using the same
code (same key, etc), I can never get  these new columns back using
cassandra-cli. I tried to set different consistency levels but it did not
change anything. I am never able to insert to these columns again from my
code, although cassandra-cli can insert them.

I   thought it might have something to do with eventual consistency but even
after waiting hours, nothing changes.

I have only one node (one cassandra sever) running on 64-bit Ubunutu, if it
matters. I added my keyspace and couple of column families pretty much
following defaults in storage-conf.xml.

Thanks,
  Oleg