On Sunday, August 15, 2010, S Ahmed <sahmed1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For CF that I need to perform range scans on, I create separate CF that have
> custom ordering.
> Say a CF holds comments on a story (like comments on a reddit or digg story
> post)
> So if I need to order comments by votes, it seems I have to re-index every
> time someone votes on a comment (or batch it every x minutes).
>

> Right now I think I have to pull all the comments into memory, then sort by
> votes, then re-write the index.
> Are there any best-practises for this type of index?

It seems that most stories will have few comments 1-100. If you are
only looking to order comments on a given article by vote this seems
like something you would want to store with the article and or
calculate on the fly.

Unless you were looking for a feature like ,show highest rated comment
across all articles, I do not understand why you would need a separate
cf.
Does my suggestion make sense ?if not, can share your storage.xml ?