On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 4:29 PM, B. Todd Burruss <bburr...@real.com> wrote:
> if you are referring to R, W, N - i am aware, but i have a one node cluster,
> with R=W=N = 1.  single threaded test app.  any column manipulations would
> be immediate because R+W>N, so i assume the same for column family
> manipulations.  is this an invalid assumption?

Gary can correct me if I'm wrong, but schema change is always
asynchronous as you can tell by having no ConsistencyLevel associated
with the calls.  You need to call check_schema_agreement to make sure
that the nodes are on the version returned by the migration call.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra