Hi Viktor,

Thanks, it works now.
I made a copy of log4j-server.properties and called it log4j.properties, renamed log4j-server.properties to something else. Also in order to change the location of the log file using "log4j.appender.RFile" I had to use "/" instead of "\" in the file location.

Alaa

On 9/7/2010 11:43 PM, Viktor Jevdokimov wrote:
We found that on Windows only log4j.properties is working for logging, not
log4-server.properties

-----Original Message-----
From: Alaa Zubaidi [mailto:alaa.zuba...@pdf.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:34 AM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cassandra 0.7 logging

   I did most of the things you said, I will check the rest and double
check all.

Thanks and Regards,
Alaa

On 9/7/2010 9:20 PM, Aaron Morton wrote:
AFAIK nothing has changed in the logging other than the name of the config file.
All the logging is done through log4j.

Do not know about the windows install, but using the normal (non package
install) on linux the /var/log/cassandra path was not automatically created.

It's going to be a config problem on your side. Check the settings again, check
all the directories exist, check the user that cassandra is running under has
full permissions on the directory, check the root logger is configured to use
the rolling file appender (e.g. log4j.rootLogger=INFO,R )

Aaron