Hi all!

I'm pondering between a couple of alternatives here: I've got two CFs, one
which contains Objects, and one which contains Users. Now, each Object has an
owner associated to it, so obviously I need some sort of an index to point from
Users to Objects.  This would be of course the perfect usecase for secondary
indices on 0.7, but I'm still on 0.6.x.

So, esteemed Cassandra-heads, I'm pondering what would be a better design here:

1) I can create a separate CF "OwnerIdx" which has user id's as keys, and then
each of the columns points at an object (with a dummy value, since I just need
a list).  This would add a new CF, but on the other hand, this would be easy to
drop once 0.7 comes along and I can just make a index query to the Objects CF,
OR

2) Put the index inside the Users CF, with "object:<id>" for column name and a
dummy value, and then get slices as necessary? This would mean less CFs (and
hence no schema modification), but might mean that I have to clean it up at
some point.

I don't yet have a lot of CFs, so I'm not worried about mem consumption really.
 The Users CF is very read-heavy as-is, but the index and Objects will be a bit
more balanced.

Experiences? Recommendations? Tips? Other possibilities? What other
considerations should I take into account?

/Janne