Correct. You can use get_range_slices with RandomPartitioner too, BUT the iteration order is non-predictable, that is, you will not know in which order you get the rows (RandomPartitioner would probably better be called ObscurePartitioner - it ain't random, but it's as good as if it were ;-). This I find to be mostly useful when you want to go through your entire keyspace, like when doing something map-reduce like. Or you just have a fairly small CF.

/Janne