On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:19 PM, Gurpreet Singh
<gurpreet.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.  I was looking to increase the RF to 3. This process entails changing the
> config and calling repair on the keyspace one at a time, right?
> So, I started with one node at a time, changed the config file on the first
> node for the keyspace, restarted the node. And then called a nodetool repair
> on the node.

You need to change the RF on _all_ nodes in the cluster _before_
running repair on _any_ of them.  If nodes disagree on which nodes
should have replicas for keys, repair will not work correctly.
Different RF for the same keyspace creates that disagreement.