Is it possible that you are somehow using the 0.7 generated cassandra
module, perhaps from some previous installation of a client library?  In
0.7, insert takes only 5 arguments.

Also, is there any particular reason that you are using raw Thrift and not a
high level client like pycassa, telephus, etc?

- Tyler