Hello,

I've been working with Cassandra for some time and get this error
intermittently:

ERROR [TCP Selector Manager] 2010-09-23 08:42:18,138 service.CassandraDaemon
Fatal exception in thread Thread[TCP Selector Manager,5,main]
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.TcpConnection.resumeStreaming(TcpConnection.java:268)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.TcpConnection.connect(TcpConnection.java:354)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.SelectorManager.doProcess(SelectorManager.java:143)
        at
org.apache.cassandra.net.SelectorManager.run(SelectorManager.java:2107)

Unfortunately when this happens the socket is left open so clients connect,
but are never serviced. When this happens I am forced to restart the node.

We're running version 0.5.1. I know there are much newer versions, but we
have been frozen on this for various reasons.

I am wondering if this is/was a known issue with this version, or if I am
doing something wrong. My searches thus far have yielded nothing on the
matter.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Regards,
Adam