Ok i made the changes, now im running into a thrift exception on set_keyspace().

$VAR1 = bless( {
                 'code' => 0,
                 'message' => 'TSocket: Could not read 4 bytes from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9160'
               }, 'Thrift::TException' );

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is ip of the machine that the code is running on.

9160 is open in iptables. I have 3 nodes who are all clustered happily together
to prove it.
any ideas?