Peter, many thanks for all this information.

On 26/10/2010 21:17, Peter Sculler wrote:
It does mention that timestamps are used for conflict resolution but
does not really dwell on the issue, and the remainder elides
timestamps. So perhaps it's easy to miss. I also notice that the
phrasing is such that it is not entirely unreasonably to interpret it
like it seems you have.
Usually, I try to come with a fresh state of mind when learning about a new technology, but then again, I am contaminated with 'SQL' too... I made up my own interpretation and I did not find info that invalidates it...

I am glad we had all this conversation, because it reveals dead angles and it is pointing at what we can do it to facilitate 'deterministic Cassandra learning' (lol).

Somewhere down the road, I'll try to find some time to write a post on my blog to cover these issues. Something to the extend of: 'Introduction to timestamps in Cassandra'...

Jérôme