We've done hundreds of gigs in and out of cassandra 0.6.8 with pycassa 0.3.
 Working on upgrading to 0.7 and pycassa 1.03.

I don't know if we're using it wrong, but the "connection object is tied to
a particular keyspace" constraint isn't that awesome--we have a number of
keyspaces used simultaneously.  Haven't looked into it yet.