From: David Quattlebaum [mailto:dquat...@medprocure.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:25 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Probelms with Set on Byte type New Installation

I have set up a new installation of Cassandra, and have it running
with no problems (0.7.0)

Using CLI I added a new keyspace, and column family.

When I set a value for a column I get “Value Inserted”

However, when I get the column value it is a number, even though the
Column Family is of Bytes Type:
Keyspace: XXXXXXXXXXX:
  Replication Strategy: org.apache.cassandra.locator.SimpleStrategy
    Replication Factor: 1
  Column Families:
    ColumnFamily: YYYYYYYYY
      Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
      Row cache size / save period: 0.0/0
      Key cache size / save period: 200000.0/3600
      Memtable thresholds: 0.0703125/15/60
      GC grace seconds: 864000
      Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
      Read repair chance: 1.0
      Built indexes: []

Anyone else had this happen?
Did I just miss something stupid?
I have not had any issues with earlier versions of Cassandra.

David Q

David Quattlebaum
MedProcure, LLC
www.medprocure.com