ruslan usifov <ruslan.usifov <at> gmail.com> writes:

> 2011/2/3 Oleg Proudnikov <olegp <at> cloudorange.com>
> Is it possible that the key "1212" maps to the first node? I am assuming RF=1.
> You could try random keys to test this theory...
>

> Yes you right "1212" goes to first node. I distribute tokens like described in
"Operations":
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/Operations:085070591730234615865843651857942052864So
delay in my second experiment(where i got big delay in insert), appear as result
of delay communications between nodes?

That was the theory, assuming you are using replication factor of 1.

It is difficult to say where the key falls just by looking at the ring - random
partitioner could through this key on either node. After writing 1 million rows
you could actually see some SSTables in data directory on one node and none on
the other.