Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it doesn't look like it uses a rolling
window. As far as I can tell, log entries just keep getting inserted into
Cassandra.

-Jeffrey

From: Aaron Morton [mailto:aa...@thelastpickle.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:21 PM
To: user@cassandra.apache.org
Subject: Re: rolling window of data

This project may provide some inspiration for you
https://github.com/thobbs/logsandra

Not sure if it has a rolling window, if you find out let me know :)

Aaron

On 03 Feb, 2011,at 06:08 PM, Jeffrey Wang <jw...@palantir.com> wrote:
Hi,

We're trying to use Cassandra 0.7 to store a rolling window of log data (e.g.
last 90 days). We use the timestamp of the log entries as the column names so
we can do time range queries. Everything seems to be working fine, but it's not
clear if there is an efficient way to delete data that is more than 90 days old.

Originally I thought that using a slice range on a deletion would do the trick,
but that apparently is not supported yet. Another idea I had was to store the
timestamp of the log entry as Cassandra's timestamp and pass in artificial
timestamps to remove (thrift API), but that seems hacky. Does anyone know if
there is a good way to support this kind of rolling window of data efficiently?
Thanks.

-Jeffrey