Thank you for the links, I did read a bit in the comments of the ticket,
but I couldn't get much out of it.

I am mainly interested in how the index is stored and partitioned, not how
it is used. I think the people in the dev list will probably be better
qualified to answer that. My questions always seem to get moved to the
user list, and usually with good cause, but I think this time it should be
in the dev list :) Please move it back, if you can.

Alexander