On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 1:36 PM, Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> > On 19/02/2011, at 10:24 AM, Anthony John <chirayit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Fact as i understand them:-
> > - A write call to db triggers a number of async writes to all nodes where
> > the particular write should be recorded (and the nodes are up per Gossip and
> > so on)
> > - Once desired CL number of writes acknowledge - the call returns
>
> AFAIK the write across the dc is sync as well.

Anthony was correct: writes are asynchronous at the lowest level, and
then we pick which to block for based on CL.

> I think there I'd a ticket out there to make them asnc, take a look at Jira.

You may be thinking of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1530, which was
completed for 0.7.1 but didn't change a/sync behavior.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra