Well -- when you first bring a node into a ring, you will probably want to
stream data to it with auto_bootstrap: true.

If you want that node to be a seed, then add it to the seeds list AFTER it
has joined the ring.

I'd refer you to the "Seed List" and "Autoboostrapping" sections of the
Getting Started guide, which contain the following blurbs:

*There is no strict rule to determine which hosts need to be listed as
seeds, but all nodes in a cluster need the same seed list. For a production
deployment, DataStax recommends two seeds per data center.*
*
*

*An autobootstrapping node cannot have itself in the list of seeds nor can
it contain an
initial_token<http://www.datastax.com/docs/0.7/configuration/storage_configuration#initial-token>already
claimed by another node. To add new seeds, autobootstrap the nodes
first, and then configure them as seeds.*