Hi All,

I am trying to write some map-reduce tasks so I can find out stuff like - how
many records have X status?
I am using 0.7.0 and have 5 nodes with ~100G of data on each node.

I have written the code based on the word_count example and the map-reduce is
running successfully BUT is extremely slow (about 2 hours for the simplest key
count).

I am now looking to track down the slowness and tune my process, or explore
alternative ways to achieve the same goal.

Can anyone point me to a way to tune my map-reduce job?
Does anyone have any experience exploring Cassandra data with Hadoop cluster
configuration? ( As suggested in
http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport#ClusterConfig)

Thanks,
Orr