Yes, Statistics is convenient because as part of supporting old 0.6
data Cassandra will just build it if it's not there.

Technically you can rebuild filter and index too but it's not automatic.

It looks like when we added statistics we didn't make sure to fsync it
when we fsync the other components.  Patch attached to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2382.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra