Thank both of you. I'll look it up from another view including
non-cassandra processes on the servers. Just guessing Nagios or
iptables or others causes it.

Kazuo

(11/04/05 22:55), Sasha Dolgy wrote:
I've been seeing this EOF in my system.log file occasionally as well.
Doesn't seem to be causing harm:

ERROR [Thread-22] 2011-04-05 20:37:22,562 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java
(line 112) Fatal exception in thread Thread[Thread-22,5,main]
java.io.IOError: java.io.EOFException
         at
org.apache.cassandra.net.IncomingTcpConnection.run(IncomingTcpConnection.java:73)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
         at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
         at
org.apache.cassandra.net.IncomingTcpConnection.run(IncomingTcpConnection.java:61)

Firewall rules prevent anything but cassandra instances accessing
cassandra instances on port 7000 ...

This is with 0.7.4

-sd