Peter Schuller reported an important bug in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2435:

"On one of our clusters with 5 nodes, we did some moves. All looked
well; the moves completed. For unrelated reasons, we wanted to restart
nodes after they had been moved. When we did, three of the 5,
specifically those 3 that were NOT seed nodes, initiated a bootstrap
procedure! The logs indicated the automatic token selection, and they
joined the ring under a new automatically selected token."

We're reviewing a fix now for 0.7.5 (this does not affect 0.6
releases); in the meantime, you should make sure to re-set
autobootstrap=false before running any move commands.

Note that this will not cause data loss unless you run cleanup after
the move; the fix is to run another move command, back to the old
token.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra