On Apr 7, 2011, at 23:43 , Jonathan Ellis wrote:

> The history is that, way back in the early days, we used to max it out
> the other way (MTT=128) but observed behavior is that objects that
> survive 1 new gen collection are very likely to survive "forever."

Just a quick note: my own tests seem to indicate likewise - I've been running
one machine in our cluster with MTT=8 for some time now, and I'm not seeing any
real difference between MTT=1 and MTT=8, except for a (very) slight increase in
CPU usage, consistent with the increased copying. We have a read-heavy cluster
that uses RowCaches a lot, so YMMV.

/Janne