My use case is as follows: we are using in 70% of the jobs information
retrieval using keys, column names and ranges and up to now, what we have
tested suits our need.
However, the rest of 30% of the jobs involve full sequential scan of all
records in the database.

I found some web pages describing the next good thing for cassandra 0.8
release, CQL, and I'm wondering: the CQL execution will involve separate
processes running simultaneously on all nodes in the cluster that will do
the "filtering and pre-sorting phase" on the local stored data (using
indexes when available) and then execute the "merge phase" on a single node
(that one that have received the request) ?

Best regards,
Teo