Hi,

In our Cassandra/Hector environment, we are trying to turn the
auto-discovery of nodes in the ring on. We have created the DB using the
following default in cassandra.yaml
# Addresses of hosts that are deemed contact points.
# Cassandra nodes use this list of hosts to find each other and learn
# the topology of the ring.  You must change this if you are running
# multiple nodes!
seeds:
    - 127.0.0.1

We don't want 127.0.0.1 to be used as the seed node. Our single node is
setup elsewhere right now.

Changing it in cassandra.yaml is not taking any immediate effect?

Even after changing it in cassandra.yaml, describe cluster continues to show
" b2844cbc-5c62-11e0-9166-e700f669bcfc: [127.0.0.1]"

Does this configuration get stored in some system table? How can I change it
now? Through JMX? Some specific command?

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/