On 05/10/2011 02:12 PM, Peter Schuller wrote:
>> That reminds me, my false positive ration is stuck at 1.0, so I guess
>> bloom filters aren't doing a lot for me.
>
> That sounds unlikely unless you're hitting some edge case like reading
> a particular row that happened to be a collision, and only that row.
> This is from JMX stats on the column family store?

(From jmx)  I also see BloomFilterFalseRatio stuck at 1.0 on my
production nodes.  The only values that RecentBloomFilterFalseRatio had
over the past several minutes were 0.0 and 1.0.  While I can't prove
that isn't accurate, it is very suspicions.

The code looked reasonable until I got to SSTableReader, which was too
complicated to just glance through.