My use case is like this: I have a development cluster, a staging cluster
and a production cluster. When I finish a set of migrations (i.e. changes)
on the development cluster, I want to apply them to the staging cluster, and
eventually the production cluster. I don't want to do it by hand, because
it's a painful and error-prone process. What I would like to do is export
the last N migrations from the development cluster as a text file, with
exactly the same format as the original text commands, and import them to
the staging and production clusters.

I think the best place to do this might be the CLI, since you would probably
want to view your migrations before exporting them. Something like this:

show migrations N;                    Shows the last N migrations.
export migrations N <fileName>;       Exports the last N migrations to file
fileName.
import migrations <fileName>;         Imports migrations from fileName.

The import process would apply the migrations one at a time giving you
feedback like, "applying migration: update column family...". If a migration
fails, the process should give an appropriate message and stop.

Is anyone else interested in this? I have created a Jira ticket for it here: