2011/5/31 Amrita Jayakumar <amritajayakuma...@gmail.com>:
> Thank You so much Maki :) Its working now... I dont know what went wrong
> yesterday...
>
> BTW bin/cassandra-cli --host localhost is to read and write data using the
> command line client right???

Yes.

> So what if i need to load data from a file into cassandra???
>
> i.e.i have a log file with so many lines... lines may be in the format
>
> so how can i load data from this log file into cassandra?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Amrita

You can write/read on cassandra from misc. programming language.
- Java
- Python
- Ruby
etc.
Refer to http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientOptions for more details.
Of course you need to design and define your database schema before
writing code.
You should better to learn about Cassandra concept and architecture including:
  - Keyspace
  - Column Family
  - Replication Factor
  - Consistency Level