Hi.

I had a brief look at CASSANDRA-2103 (expiring counter columns), and I was
wondering if anyone can help me with my problem.

I want to keep some page-view stats on a URL at different levels of granularity
(page views per hour, page views per day, page views per year etc etc).

so my thinking was to create something a counter with a key based on
Year-Month-Day-Hour, and simply increment the counter as I go along.

this work's well and I'm getting my metrics beautifully put into the right
places.

the only problem I have is that I only need the last 48-hours worth of metrics
at the hour level.

how do I get rid of the old counters?
do I need to write a archiver that will go through each url (could be millions)
and just delete them?

I'm sure other people have encountered this, and was wondering how they
approached it.

TIA
Ian