I've reopened the issue. On our 0.7.6-2 cluster, system.log is filling
with repeated instances of the UnsupportedOperationException. When
we've attempted to restart a node, the restart fails with the same
exception. Luckily we found this as part of our pre-deploy testing of
0.7.6, not in production, but this is not "mostly a non-problem" here.

Jim