On 6/23/2011 7:37 AM, Trevor Smith wrote:
AJ,

Thanks for your input. I don't fully follow though how this would work with a bank scenario. Could you explain in more detail?

Thanks.

Trevor

I don't know yet. I'll be researching that. My working procedure is to figure out a way to handle each class of problem that ACID addresses and see if there is an acceptable way to compensate or manage it on the client or business side; following the ideas in the article. I bet solutions exist somewhere. In short, the developer needs to be fully versed in the potential problems that could arise and have ways to deal with it. It's added responsibility for the developer, but if it keeps the infrastructure simple with reduced maintenance costs by not having to integrate another service such as ZK/Cages (as useful as they indeed are) then it may be worth it. I'll let you know what I conclude.