On 7/3/2011 4:07 PM, Yang wrote:

I'm no expert. So addressing the question to me probably give you real answers :)

The single entry mode makes sure that all writes coming through the leader are received by replicas before ack to client. Probably wont be stale data

That doesn't sound any different than a TWO write. I'm trying to save a hop (+ 1 data xfer) by ack'ing immediately after the primary successfully writes, i.e., ONE write.