I think you need to look into Zookeeper, or other distributed coordinator,
as you have little/no guarantees from cassandra between 1-3 (in terms of the
guarantees you want and need).

And my terminology in my post is different than yours.  My "client" == your
"server".  Specifically, I was thinking in terms of:
user -> cassandra client code (that runs on a "server") -> cassandra server
code (e.g. cassandra itself) that runs either on the same or different
server